These days it seems like every fifth person on social media platform is a coach of something.It can be incredibly tiring to determine which life coaches are high quality coaches and which ones are just trying to make a buck.
On top of that, why to find a right coach? How do you know which coach is the right one for you? How do you know who you will work best with to help you reach your goals?
These are common questions we get asked as our clients do their research and try to find the right fit, and so we wanted to share our guidance to help demystify the process and help you find the right life coach for you.
1. To make sure if a life coach is actually what you’re after. Coaching is often confused with other related disciplines like mentorship or therapy. However, it is actually quite different, and each of these has unique characteristics. Therapy has a past orientation, helping you understand why you are the way you are. Coaching is much more future-oriented. Your life coach won’t spend much time digging into your past experiences. There is still certainly a self-awareness component, helping you understand who you are and why, but all with the intention of using that self- awareness for the future.
2. To know about Coach’s coaching style. Each life coach coaches differently based on their personality and training. Some coaches’ sessions are very organized and structured while others are more open and free flowing. Some coaches tend to be more warm and supportive while others can be more confronting and really challenge you. Ask your prospective coach how they would describe their style and then think about if that is the type of support you need at this point in your life to achieve your goals.
3. To ask what methodologies and tools they use. You want to ensure your coach is utilizing proven coaching methodologies and techniques to ensure your sessions will be effective in helping you achieve your goals. Additionally, you want to ensure their approach resonates with you and fits what you are looking for.
4. To find out how much it will cost. Budget of course is an important factor in selecting your coach. Coaches typically charge anywhere from Rs.1500 to Rs. 30,000 per hour based on their target demographic and their experience level. At Magnificent U, we are not the cheapest option, and we are also not the most expensive option. What we pride ourselves on is delivering the most value. Ask your prospective coach what is included in their hourly rate. Are there any additional tools and resources provided? Do they belong to a team or
network which can provide support if needed? Do they have a money back guarantee? Price is not always an indication of quality, but make sure you aren’t just selecting the cheapest coach – coaches are not a commodity. Remember, this is an investment in yourself and
your future, and you are worth it!
5. To fix a consultation with the coach. Most life coaches will offer a free consultation. This is a great way to determine if the coach is a good fit and if their style is a good match for what you are looking for. Also consider how safe and comfortable you feel with them. Do they make you feel at ease? Coaching provides an opportunity for you to explore and discover all of who you are, but this is only possible if you feel you are in a safe and judgment-free environment. If you don’t feel comfortable being exactly who you are with your coach,
chances are they won’t be able to support you to become all that you can be. If it doesn’t feel like you are gelling, that’s okay. They may still be a great coach, just maybe not the right coach for you. No better way to explore the relationship than to try it on for size and see how it feels working with them.
6. To determine their availability. From a tactical standpoint, is your coach available for sessions when it is convenient for you and you are in a good headspace? Some coaches only work during standard business hours which can be tough if you need to schedule your sessions around your work hours. Also discover how available your coach will be to you. Are they exclusively accessible during sessions, or will they check-in with you in between sessions? Can you send them a quick email or text with a question? What if you give
them a quick call – will they charge you for that? At Magnificent U, we strive to go above and beyond for all of our clients, meaning that our support doesn’t end when the coaching session does. If you want a coach that is on your side and regularly checking in, even in
between your scheduled sessions, make sure this is a part of their process and philosophy.
7. To assess their successes and results. Feeling inspired and motivated is a wonderful feeling, but how does that translate into measurable and tangible results? Coaching is a big investment, and you want to ensure that it provides a strong return. How do they track and measure their results? What are their success stories with other clients? Can you speak to one of their past of current clients to hear more about their experience? At Magnificent U, data and results are at the core of everything we do. We track, measure, and share your progress every step of the way. If outcomes are important to you, make sure you ask the right questions about how they are measured and achieved.
8. To evaluate what the experience has been like interacting with them. This is less of an exact science so much as a quick gut check. What a potential partner says is not as important as how they act. A critical component of coaching is accountability and organization from the coach, so take a minute to evaluate how your coach has performed so far in your interactions with them. Did they follow-up with you in a timely manner after you reached out and after your consult? Did they provide you with useful resources? Were they easy to get a hold of? Of course we all slip up on occasion, but typically the way someone acts during this initial exchange is a good indication of the way they will act during your work together.
This is too good.
V rightly said.All should read once.
Undoubtedly truly said
Comments are closed.